No one wants to have an accident. We want you to know that Nurse Chevrolet Cadillac is here for you when life happens. Our team of caring professionals will take the time required to put you at ease, explain the process in detail and answer any questions you may have. You can reach the Nurse Chevrolet Cadillac Collision Centre directly at (905) 556-0010.
DID YOU KNOW THERE IS A NEW COLLISION REPORTING CENTRE RIGHT HERE IN WHITBY?
Collision Reporting Centre, Durham Location
650 Rossland Road, East, Whitby, ON L1V 1C6
(north side of Rossland, between Garden Street & Brock Street – across from Town of Whitby Municipal Building)
Telephone: (905) 668-4157
Hours: Monday – Sunday: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
The Highway Traffic Act requires that all collisions must be reported to the Police where persons are injured, where damage exceeds a combined value of $2,000.00, or where there is damage to highway property. You have 24 hours to report your accident.
WHEN WILL THE POLICE ATTEND A COLLISION?
The police will attend collisions involving: injury or death, criminal activity, federal, provincial or municipal vehicles, vehicles transporting dangerous goods, damage to private, municipal or highway property.
During business hours, towed vehicles must go directly to the Collision Reporting Centre from the scene of the collision. After reporting the collision your vehicle may be towed to Nurse Chevrolet Cadillac.
IF YOU ARE INVOLVED IN A MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT:
- Remain calm.
- Call 911 if there are any injuries.
- Contact Police as per above criteria.
- If it is safe to do so, remove vehicles from roadways, exchange information and report within 24 hours to the Collision Reporting Centre.
- Unless injuries compel you to do otherwise, do not leave the scene of an accident until you have exchanged all required information with the other involved parties.
- Obtain – driver’s license number, name, address, telephone numbers, insurance information and number of passengers, as well as the year, make, model, colour, and license plate number of any other vehicles involved in the incident.
- Collect the vehicle owner information if different from driver’s information.
- Gather names, addresses and telephone numbers of any witnesses.
- Do not sign anything for anyone other than for the Police.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING TO THE COLLISION REPORTING CENTRE?
- Drivers license
- Insurance Information
- Information collected at the time of the collision
TOW TRUCK DRIVERS
Do not be intimidated by tow truck drivers who just happen to be on the scene. Remember Roadside Assistance (1.800.268.6800) can provide this service for you. If you decide to use another tow truck company, TAKE CHARGE and have your vehicle taken to the Collision Reporting Centre and then to Nurse Chevrolet Cadillac
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW WHEN IT IS TIME TO REPAIR YOUR VEHICLE
As long as your insurance company approves the estimate, you may have your vehicle repaired at the repair shop of your choice. (See Auto Insurance Consumers Bill of Rights at www.autoinsurance.gov.on.ca).
You only need one estimate of the damage on your vehicle. Here at Nurse Chevrolet Cadillac we will assist you in notifying your insurance company.
We specialize in collision work on all makes and models with an emphasis on General Motors vehicles. We meet and exceed all Ontario environmental, fire and safety standards.
Our new Collision Centre is current with the latest repair procedures. We pride ourselves on having the highest standards, latest equipment and best training in the industry.
We offer shuttle service or we can arrange for a rental vehicle where required.
After the repair work has been completed, before you drive away, we will review the repairs with you and ensure that you are completely satisfied with the work.
It’s the little things that count – contact us!