AN ACCESSIBLE COMPANY
Nurse Chevrolet Cadillac Ltd. is committed to excellence in serving all customers and clients, including people with disabilities.
We welcome people with disabilities along with their service animals. Service animals are only allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public. A fee may be charged in the event the service animal should cause damage to the premises.
We will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while in our facility.
Disruption of Service
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers and clients with disabilities Nurse Chevrolet Cadillac Ltd. will notify customers and clients as quickly as possible when becoming aware of the disruption. Notification of disruption of services will be clearly posted in public areas in our facility and will be posted on our web-site. The notice will include the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services if available.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Nurse Chevrolet Cadillac Ltd. provides goods and services to people with disabilities can contact the General Manager by telephone, email or in writing. Customers and clients can expect to hear back within 15 business days of receiving the complaint. Complaints will be addressed according to our organization’s regular complaint management procedures.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
The staff at Nurse Chevrolet Cadillac Ltd. will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
Training of Staff
- Nurse Chevrolet Cadillac Ltd. will provide training to all employees and managers who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf. This training will be provided to staff and managers within 60 calendar days after hiring or promotion.
- Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- Nurse Chevrolet Cadillac’s plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- How to use on-site resources that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing our facilities and services.
- Staff will be retrained in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Policies and Procedures
Any policy or procedure of Nurse Chevrolet Cadillac Ltd. that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.